Saturday, August 12, 2006

What could of been

As me and my friend Karla were spending a delightful afternoon on some wonderfully designed well ventilated benches at the children Hospital I heard myself say these words " I never thought I wanted to but I am was born to be a Mom. All you have to do is love your kids and spend time with them." Later as I was driving home it hit me. That's it... just love them . I love Rob and Logan the ghost or dinosaur or even Logie for that matter. I am so blessed to have two healthy kids. I was visiting a friend at the childrens hospital their boy was born with Downs Syndrome it was a painful reminder of what could of been. The ironic thing is I didnt do anything to deserve to be the Mom of Rob and Logan but I was chosen. I never knew what unconditional love was until they came along. My heart is heavy tonight for my friend and her new addition. I am also overwhelmed with the thought that they are only ours for a little while. I was born to be a Mom. Thanks Karla for the conversation next time you want to hang out in the halls of the hospital you know who to call. My heart is full tonight.

1 comment:

Mufasa3 said...

You're right you were born to be a mom. You're great at it. The boys are lucky to have you and so am I. You have a gift. An incredible Gift.
I love you. I'm glad you're my little boys mom and my wife.