Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11.....

My memories of September 11th have to do with exactly 6 years ago today I had the absolute miracle of hearing Robs heart beat for the first time. He was 16 weeks along inside me and I remember thinking oh my gosh should I really bring someone into this world.. Today 6 years have gone by and today we went Home Depot to buy weed killer . We get all the way up to the counter and Rob says Uh Mom I need to tell you something. I say ok what. He says you really should pull the weeds out not spray that stuff on them. I say why is that honey. He says it is bad for the worms. You dont want to kill worms do you Mom? I think, you know what I really dont care there worms truth be told I dont care if they die or not. So I say you know what I am only going to spray the driveway so I think it will be fine. I continue on and he says." If we dont take care of the world Mom who will." and so you guessed it I returned it to the shelf. I guess tomorrow I will pull the weeds out cause God forbid I hurt the worms. And then at dinner we talked about the world trade center and Rob said you know Mom I dont get why anyone would want to hurt the world do you Mom. And to think 6 years ago for a brief second I was worried.....

1 comment:

Ttime said...

Bless that boy of yours ----his sensitive heart, his concerned nature...may it remain that way for 6 (times many) more years.