Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Fathers Day



Six years ago in February I had the pleasure of meeting someone. I met this person some might say by fate others by divine intervention. They became someone I grew to love over time. I looked up to this person almost immediately when I met them. It was in a bit of a crisis and they handled it and became someone for me to look up to. I learned a lot about unconditional love from this person. I saw it in his eyes the first time he held our son. I saw his face when he found out he was going to be a dad he was so excited. I always loved Phil but seeing him with the boys and be a Dad has been the greatest gift. I love watching Rob and Logan and him play. I knew it was love when he would get up night after night with them when they were small and I would sleep. I see how when they are sick he sits up with them. The boys are blessed to have a dad that loves them and teaches them to love. They are blessed to have a Dad that teaches them to love God and others. I often hear Phil say it is your job to take care of Mom too. I love that Logan always says when I grow up and I am a Dad.... I love that he thinks that is part of growing up to be a Dad. I cant think of anyone I would rather raise kids with. I think we make a great team. I love that my boys have you as a role model. Happy Fathers Day Philip.

No comments: