Friday, January 05, 2007

What kind of world do you want?

A servant heart? When I graduated from those hallowed halls at G.C. we were all told to have a servants heart I don't think I realized that I accomplished that until yesterday. I am humbled by the world that I am a part of everyday at work. It is ironic because I do not feel at all is if my main mission is the obvious one in the old people they are taken care of I am amazed at how I have taken on the staff that works there. I bring them toys before Christmas to give there kids for Christmas. I bring them heaters when the gas is shut off at there house. I lend them money to get to and from work but its not the tangible things that humble me. Yesterday I spend the afternoon at the Children's Hospital my coworkers 6 month old grandson is sick and she needed help filling out some papers and she called me to help her. As I was driving there is hit me I have for now found my niche. This is what I was called to do. As we sat in the hospital room and she cried and I listened to her it was humbling. I feel silly for the things I complain about. This is a baby that has such a rough start and is such a victim of his circumstance.Often people ask me aren't you afraid in the city and I can honestly say no not one bit. I am the minority but I never feel out of place. I never for a minute feel like I don't belong. The city is so different from where I live , so different as I left the hospital my co worker said "Hey Amanda. I love you." and I realized that it really was closer than I ever realized. Thanks for the insight and the opportunity. I am humbled again.

No comments: