Sunday, March 18, 2007

Putting a new spin on accountability......

I often make myself New Years resolutions they usually involve something new I want to learn I am a firm believer if we keep our mind busy we won't get Alzheimer's. I know you are laughing but you haven't seen it the way I have. I have done a lot of reading about this so I really try to keep my mind busy,.anyway...I have learned to knit, to sew sorta and this year I decided to go somewhere different with this whole resolution thing. Ok I am gonna throw it out here..I am going to run a race. I may come in last I may cause such a scene that people think "What is that and WHY?" But I am going to do it. So I have a training program if you will I have to increase mileage each night. The race is in June...Anyway I have a confession to make I really like it. I can now 2 1/2 miles without stopping...in about 40 minutes. I am out of breath and I smell when I am done but it is good for me. It is mine. I can control it. Since my parents thing I have felt out of control of so many things and I guess I don't do well with that. Anyway...I tell you this as a added incentive to myself. I gotta tell you the time I spend less than a hour a day is all mine...My mind is able to process the day ( I usually run at night) and sometimes I talk to God. I also have a theory you never see a fat runner....and I have to say I have lost a few pounds thanks to this resolution. Anyway there now it is out there...Somehow this helps..........Anyone else need some accountability????

1 comment:

Mufasa3 said...

Keep running.